Among other things, the Agreement governs all text, articles, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, software, source and object code, algorithms, data, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, and all other content, information, and materials (collectively, “Content”) available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties, including any such Content uploaded manually or bookmarked by you and/or other users.
SCOPE OF THE AGREEMENT:
This License granted to you for the Service by Service Provider is limited to a non-transferrable license to use the Licensed Service solely for personal, non-commercial use on any iPad or other mobile device that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Section 9.b of the App Store Terms and Conditions (the “Usage Rules”). This Agreement does not allow you to use the Licensed Service on any iPad or other mobile device that you do not own or control, and you may not distribute or make the Licensed Service available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Service. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this Licensee and the Usage Rules), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Service, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components, if any, included with the Licensed Service). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of the Service Provider and its licensors. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the License will govern any upgrades provided by Service Provider that replace and or supplement the original Licensed Service, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
RULES OF USAGE:
- The Service is not intended for users under the age of 17, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 17. Such users are expressly prohibited from registering for the Service or submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Service for which registration is required, such as our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, chats, blogs, classified ads, contests/sweepstakes, and elsewhere.
- Content that is provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or service providers, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other brand identifiers, the organization, design, compilation, and “look and feel” of the Service, and all advertising thereon, is protected by local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, rules, and regulations, and is the property of us or our licensors, vendors and/or service providers.
- You acknowledge that we have not reviewed and do not necessarily endorse the Content of sites, applications, destinations or services linked to or accessible from this Service and are not responsible for the Content or actions of any other sites, applications, destinations or services. Your linking to or accessing any other site, application, destination or service is at your sole risk.
- Certain Content may be made available to you on or through the Service for download, installation, and/or streaming on your computer, mobile or other device such as photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, graphics, or software. Such Content is subject to the same terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions applicable to all Content provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or service providers. You must, in addition to all of your other obligations, use such Content only to the extent expressly authorized for the particular Content, and you may not use such Content in a manner that exceeds such authorization.
PROHIBITIONS ON USE OF THE SERVICE:
Absent explicit prior written consent in certain situations, you may not, nor may you allow, enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, inform, or promote that others, directly or indirectly, do any of the following for any reason:
- access and/or use anyone else’s Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of anyone else’s account/profile and/or Registration Information;
- authorize or permit anyone else to access and/or use your Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of your account/profile and/or Registration Information;
- impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else, by setting up different accounts/profiles or otherwise, or falsely state, represent, or imply any affiliation, association, or connection with a person or entity when using the Service;
- make any commercial, advertising, promotional, or marketing use of the Service and/or Content, including without limitation the photos, images, text, videos, audio, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other brand identifiers of us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers obtained on or through the Service, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by the Agreement, us or the Service;
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that constitutes junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing, advertising, and/or commercial offers, including without limitation touting or recommending any stocks or particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy;
- repeatedly post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service the same Content multiple times in a day, week, or month;
- post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Service any unsolicited bulk communication;
- use any bots, cheats, macros, scripts, or run Maillist, Listserv or any form of auto-responder, or use any other automated process, or engage in meta-searching or periodic caching of information, to access, visit and/or use the Service, including without limitation to post, upload, transmit, send, or other make available Content on or through the Service;
- copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Service, including by an automated or manual process or otherwise, if we have taken steps to forbid, prohibit, or prevent you from doing so;
- discuss the mechanics of sweepstakes, contests, auctions, flash sales or similar promotions available on or through the Service, or attempt to manipulate, corrupt or otherwise affect the outcome of, any such promotions, or post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, inform, or promote activities that may subvert or not comply with the rules, restrictions, and/or limitations applicable to such promotions;
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that infringes, violates, or breaches the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of us, our licensors, vendors, service providers, other users, and/or any third party;
- copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, or erase any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary legends, symbols, marks, or notices on the Service, or attempt to circumvent any mechanisms for preventing the unauthorized reproduction;
- access, other than connecting to our servers by http requests using a browser, or disrupt, overwhelm, attack, hack, destroy, damage, disable, impair, repossess, alter, tamper or interfere with, the Service including without limitation any Content, communications, messaging, programming, hardware, functionality, or features on our networks, servers or databases, or impede or interfere with others’ access, visitation, and/or use of the Service, in any way or by any means, whether remotely or by access to our personal property, premises, or otherwise, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise; or
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DO ANY OF THE FOREGOING PROHIBITED ACTS, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN ADDITION TO OUR OTHER REMEDIES, TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
CONSENT TO USE OF DATA:
- We reserve the right at any time, with or without notice, to remove or require a change to or repossess any password and/or User ID that has been provided to you, any avatar you may be using or other Registration Information, or otherwise change the access means or methods for portions of the Service, the Service as a whole, or certain products and/or services.
- You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Registration Information. You may not authorize or permit anyone else to access and/or use your Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of your account/profile and/or Registration Information. You may not access and/or use anyone else’s Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of anyone else’s account/profile and/or Registration Information. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell, rent or assign your Registration Information to any third party without our written approval. Any attempt to do so will be null and void and shall be considered a material breach of the Agreement.
- You are solely responsible for all access or visitation to, usage of, or activity on, your account/profile including, but not limited to, use of the account/profile by any person who uses your Registration Information, with or without authorization, or who has access to any computer, mobile or other device on which your account/profile resides or is accessible. You acknowledge and agree that we may, and you specifically authorize us to, process all transactions, including without limitation purchases and/or registration for additional merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, that are initiated by use of your Registration Information.
- If you have reason to believe that your account/profile is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your Registration Information), you must immediately change the affected Registration Information by using the mechanism or contact information on the Service, if available, and/or close the account/profile. If no such mechanism or contact information is available on the Service, please immediately notify us at email@example.com.
- You agree that any Services containing proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Services, in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that the Service Provider is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmission that you receive as a result of using any of the Services.
- In addition, third party Services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from the iPad or other mobile devices are not available in all languages or in all countries. The Service Provider makes no representation that such Services and Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such Services or Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. The Service Provider, and its licensors, reserves the right to change, suspend, remove or disable access to any Services at any time without notice. In no event will the Service Provider be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. The Service Provider may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services, in any case and without notice of liability.
FEES AND PAYMENTS:
We and our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers may charge you fees for merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, offered for sale, rental or auction on or through the Service, and/or for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes and surcharges, incurred through your activity on or through the Service and/or through your account/profile at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred (such fees, charges, taxes, and surcharges shall collectively be referred to as “Fees”). Unless otherwise specified on the Service, all Fees will be quoted and charged in U.S. dollars. We and our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers reserve the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any Fees, and to institute new Fees, effective upon publication of such revised pricing on the Service.
- If you submit a credit, debit, or charge card number, or other payment information to us upon registration, at the time of purchase, or otherwise, you authorize, give us permission, and direct us to retain such information and to charge all Fees to such payment method.
- We may charge Fees in advance and on a daily, monthly, yearly, lump sum, or other basis. Fees for certain merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, may be invoiced on your mobile carrier’s bill. We may, in our sole discretion, charge Fees to your designated payment method individually, or elect to aggregate Fees for some or all of your purchases. All Fees are due promptly and are non-refundable. You must notify us about any billing problems or discrepancy within thirty (30) days after they first appear on your statement; otherwise, you waive any right to challenge or dispute such problem or discrepancy.
- If Fees cannot be charged to the payment method you designate, or payment is returned to us for any reason, including charge back, we reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to: (i) demand immediate payment of all outstanding Fees due to us from you; (ii) assess an additional 1.5 percent late charge, or the highest amount allowed by law, whichever is lower; (iii) take any and all lawful steps necessary to collect Fees owed to us, and you will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs, and attorneys’ fees; (iv) charge such Fees to any other payment method you have on file with us; and (v) terminate, discontinue, suspend, and/or restrict your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder.
- In addition, you are responsible for obtaining and maintaining at your own expense all equipment, hardware, software, and telephone, mobile, wireless, Internet and other services necessary to access, visit and/or use the Service. If you are accessing the Service via a mobile device, your mobile carrier may charge you fees for data, text messaging, and other mobile access or communications services.
SERVICES. THIRD PARTY MATERIALS:
The Licensed Service may enable access to Service Provider’s and third party services, content and web sites (collectively and individually, “Services.”) Use of the Services may require internet access and that you accept additional terms of service. You understand that by using any of the Services, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified and unintentionally generate links to or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Services at your sole risk and that the Service Provider shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
- Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or material from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that the Service Provider is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. The Service Provider does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web site are provided solely as a convenience to you. Financial information displayed by any Services is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as investment advice. Before executing any securities transaction based upon information obtained through the Services, you should consult with a financial professional location data provided by any Services is for basic navigational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither the Service Provider nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of stock information or location data displayed by any Services.
Comments on the Service are Not Necessarily Endorsed by Us:
We do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including without limitation in our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, columns, articles, personal/job search and other classified ads, contests/sweepstakes, or elsewhere. Any Content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the Content and do not necessarily represent our views or the views of our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers. You agree that we and our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any Content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on the Service, including Content that violates the Agreement.
USE OF CONTENT SUPPLIED BY YOU:
- Except as expressly provided otherwise in the Agreement, you or the owner of any Content you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service retains ownership of all rights, title, and interests in such Content. However, by posting, uploading, transmitting, sending or otherwise making available Content, registering for the Service, entering a sweepstakes or contest, or engaging in any other form of communication with us (on or through the Service or otherwise) you irrevocably grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse-engineer, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, use, or change all such Content and communications, in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. Among other things, this means that we may use any ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or inventions that you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available in any manner as we see fit without any compensation or attribution to you. In any event, you should make copies of or otherwise back-up any and all Content, personal data or communications you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service that you may wish to.
- Please be aware that Content you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Service may be available to other users, so you should be mindful of personally identifiable information and sensitive Content you may wish to post. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF CONTENT OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU POST, UPLOAD, TRANSMIT, SEND OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE.
EDITING, ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS:
We reserve the right, but undertake no duty, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to review, edit, move, add, delete, or otherwise change any features, functionality, and/or Content available on or through, or downloadable from, the Service, including without limitation any Content in your account/profile, or any of your messages, posts, or threads. This includes updates or upgrades to Content, automatic or otherwise. You agree to accept, and to take no action to interfere with, automatic upgrades or updates. Any changes to the Service may not be consistent across all platforms, computers, or devices. If you do not refresh the Service after each such change, or download the update(s) or upgrade(s), your experience may not reflect the most recent features, functionality, and/or Content, for which we and our Indemnitees disclaim any and all responsibility and liability. If any changes require you to obtain new, additional, or different equipment, hardware, software, and/or telephone, mobile, wireless, Internet and/or other services, you are solely responsible for any additional expense. Even after Content is removed from your account/profile, your messages, post(s), and/or threads, regardless of whether such removal or deletion is by you or by us, copies of that Content may be retained and/or remain viewable by us, our licensors, vendors, service providers and/or other third parties, including other users.
- We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, in addition to our other remedies, terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account/profile or ability to access, visit, and/or use the Service of users who infringe the copyright rights of others, and we may choose to remove, delete, erase, or disable access to Content deemed to be infringing. It is our policy to terminate the access of repeat infringers.
- If you have reason to believe that your Content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or service that contains Content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing a document via fax, first class U.S. mail, or e-mail that includes the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Service;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such copyrighted work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
IMPORTANT: MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE IN A NOTICE CLAIMING THAT CONTENT OR ACTIVITY IS INFRINGING VIOLATES THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT AND MAY EXPOSE YOU TO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES). COURTS HAVE FOUND THAT YOU MUST CONSIDER COPYRIGHT DEFENSES, LIMITATIONS OR EXCEPTIONS BEFORE SENDING A NOTICE. ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER CONTENT RESIDING ON OUR SERVICE INFRINGES YOUR COPYRIGHT, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU FIRST CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. IN ADDITION, PLEASE DETERMINE WHETHER THE CONTENT YOU ARE SENDING A NOTICE ABOUT IS ACTUALLY RESIDING ON OUR SERVICE BEFORE SENDING THE NOTICE.
MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE:
WE MAY RECEIVE A COMMISSION, FEE, AND/OR OTHER COMPENSATION ON SOME PURCHASES MADE ON, THROUGH, OR LINKED FROM THE SERVICE.
- Nothing on the Service constitutes a binding offer to sell, rent, auction, distribute or give away merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order or bid to accept or decline such order or bid, or any portion thereof, or to not ship to particular addresses, even after your receipt of an order or bid confirmation or after you have been charged. Any prices displayed on the Service are quoted in U.S. dollars and are intended to be valid and effective only in the United States. In the event merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, are listed at an incorrect price, we have the right to refuse or cancel orders or bids placed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order or bid has been confirmed or you have been charged. If your order or bid is canceled by us after you have been charged, we will issue a refund. We reserve the right at any time to limit the quantities of merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, which you, your family or any group seek.
- Images available on or through the Service of merchandise or products, including without limitation Content, may not accurately capture the actual appearance, color, look and feel, specifications, features, or functionality of such merchandise or products.
- NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES (AS DEFINED BELOW) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, AUCTIONED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, RENTED, SOLD, OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. ALL TRANSACTIONS FOR MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, SHALL BE BETWEEN THE USER AND THE THIRD PARTY SELLER, DISTRIBUTOR, OR MANUFACTURER WITHOUT ANY INVOLVEMENT BY US OR OUR INDEMNITEES. THESE THIRD PARTIES MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS, AND/OR RULES.
- IF YOU BID ON, PURCHASE, ORDER, OBTAIN OR RESEARCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, NOTE THAT NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE QUALITY, QUANTITY, SIZE, CHARACTER, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SPECIFICATIONS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, OR THE ABILITY OF THE SELLERS TO SELL, SHIP, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU, WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, AUCTIONED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, SOLD, RENTED OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ILLEGAL, OFFENSIVE OR ILLICIT ITEMS, EVEN ITEMS THAT VIOLATE THE AGREEMENT.
COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU:
The communications between you and us usually use electronic means, whether you access, visit or use the Service, send us messages, or whether we post notices on the Service or communicate with you via messaging. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in electronic form; and (b) agree that all notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. Your consent to receive communications and do business electronically, and your agreement to do so applies to all of your interactions and transactions with us.
You understand and agree that joining the Service may include receiving certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile, and that these communications are considered part of your account/profile and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them without ceasing to be a registered user of the Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO: (A) CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL, TAX, BUSINESS, HEALTH, OR FINANCIAL ADVICE; (B) RECOMMEND, ENDORSE, OR ADVISE REGARDING ANY FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT OR INVESTMENT STRATEGY; OR (C) DIAGNOSE, CURE, OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL, HEALTH OR OTHER CONDITION. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL. IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THE AGREEMENT, WE AND OUR LICENSORS, VENDORS, AND/OR SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE.
WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES (AS DEFINED BELOW), SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH OR ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO MAINTAIN ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE REGISTRATION INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR FAILURE TO RECEIVE CRITICAL INFORMATION. NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION.
NO WARRANTY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED SERVICE AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED SERVICE (“SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND SERVICE PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED SERVICE AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESSS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. APPLICATION SERVICE PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE LICENSED SERVICE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE LICENSED SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LICENSED SERVICE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE LICENSED SERVICE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY APPLICATION SERVICE PROVIDER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL-NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF APPLICATON PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Service Provider’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty US dollars ($50.00.) The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You may not use or otherwise export the Licensed Service except as authorized by the United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Service was obtained, in particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Service may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development design, manufacture or production of nuclear missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
Commercial Items. The Licensed Service and related documentation are “Commercial Items” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation” as such terms are used in C.F.R. § 12.212 or 48 § C.F.R. 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with C.F.R. § 12.212 or 48 § C.F.R. 227.7202, and other applicable Federal and State Laws, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant in the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
The license is effective until terminated by you or Service Provider. Your rights under this license will terminate automatically without notice from the Service Provider if you fail to comply with the terms of this License. Upon termination of the license, you shall cease all use of the Licensed Service, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Licensed Service.
Even if the Service, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement is terminated, discontinued, suspended or restricted, by you or by us, we have no obligation to (but we may in our discretion) remove any Content, and therefore copies of all information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, may be retained and/or remain viewable by us, our licensors, vendors, service providers and/or other third parties, including other users. Nevertheless, we have no obligation to retain, store, or provide you with any information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service. All provisions of the Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement and/or your account/profile.
DISPUTES AND JURISDICTION:
The Service is based in the United States. It is not designed, customized or intended for, or directed to, any other country. Those who choose to access, visit and/or use the Service do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. We make no representation, warranty or guarantee that the Service, or any merchandise, products, services, and/or Content available on or through the Service are appropriate, available, or legal in any particular geographic location.
You agree that in the event of any dispute between us, you will first contact us and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action. In the event of any court action, all disputes will be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and you specifically waive your right to a trial by jury. Furthermore, you agree that any cause of action must commence within one (1) year after the underlying issue first arose; otherwise, you waive any right to bring such cause of action and such cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree that, regardless of where you access, visit and/or use the Service, all issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Any disputes that result in court action will be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Los Angeles, California, and you specifically consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision or portion will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable in full force and effect.
Protecting your private information is our priority.
This Statement of Privacy applies to the Queenscliff Global LLC, retouchedmag.com and [RE]TOUCHED digital magazine (Application) and governs data collection and usage. By using the [RE]TOUCHED Application or theretouchedmag.com website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name. If you purchase our products and services, we may collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age, and gender.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the our websites and applications.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through our public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the retouchedmag.com websites and the [RE]TOUCHED Application.
Use of your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to operate our websites and deliver the services you have requested.
We may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from us. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within our websites, in order to determine which of our services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within our website to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of our business; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our webistes, or the public.
Our websites may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize available user pages, or register with for our site or services, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to our websites, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the websites’ features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
Security of your Personal Information
We secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Children Under Thirteen
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our websites.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from us by following the opt-out link in the communication.
Changes to this Statement
We will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are doing regarding protecting your information.
We welcome your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Queenscliff Global LLC, California
Effective as of January 1, 2015